- You be the Tour Guide. 2014 is the 5th year this contest has been a hit in Frisco! Grab your camera, take some local shots, and enter your work here.
- Patio weather. This is my absolute favorite thing about Spring. The weather isn’t boiling hot yet, so it’s the perfect time to have an ice cold beverage of your preference on any of the Frisco patios.
- Exercise outdoors. We’ve finally reached the sweet spot of weather for the year. Kick back up your workout routine without the heat exhaustion! Need a suggestion to get you started? Check out this Frisco Central Park workout.
- Spring cleaning. Out with the old, in with the new! The time has come to rid yourself of last year’s clutter and mess. How about some help to get you started? Check out these Frisco cleaning services.
- Baseball season. The RoughRiders are back in action at the Dr. Pepper Ballpark starting this Thursday, April 3 at 7:05pm. Batter’s up!
- Soccer season. FC Dallas has already kicked off their season at the Toyota Stadium in Frisco! Keep up to date on the latest on their moves here.
- SnowCone lady. The SnowCone Lady will be back soon and will be seen serving up over 60 frozen flavors. This is truly a refreshing way to kick off Spring!
- Frisco Farmers Market. Saturday morning’s will get kicked off to a fresh start again beginning May 10, 2014. For more information, stay tuned and check in here.
- Gardening. Get your garden back in shape by gearing up at one of these local Frisco nurseries!
- Refresh your wardrobe. Ring in Spring with all the floral and pastel colors your heart desires! Start at one of these local Frisco boutiques.
- Jimmy Buffett! Last but not least, he’s back! June 21, 2014 officially closes out Spring and marks Jimmy Buffett’s return to Frisco! Check out these 3 crazy things to look forward to.
This is Texas and every Texan knows good barbecue when they see it, smell it, and taste it. So from one Texan to another, let me tell you a little bit about the best barbecue in Frisco, Texas. Hands down, its 3 Stacks Smoke & Tap House!
This post might sound a bit familiar to you. Surely you just read a post on 3 Stacks here on I Heart Frisco just a mere month or two ago. Well…you would be right! I thought I had fully sung the praises of 3 Stacks back in November, giving you 3 reasons to go to 3 Stacks, but then an absolutely amazing thing happened. They decided to “plus it”!
Walt Disney first coined the phrase, “plus it”, when referring to a project that was complete, but then taking it a step further and asking how it could be even better. 3 Stacks has done just that!
Back in January and due to popular demand, they temporarily closed their doors for a 10-day renovation and then re-opened as a full-service restaurant with some delicious additions to their menu. Here are a handful of highlights and personal recommendations from the menu:
If you loved 3 Stacks before the renovation, you’re going to love, love, love the after results even more! Check out this Frisco BBQ gem and it will easily make it’s way into your heart…and your stomach!
Have you heard about Frisco based, online jewelry company Trendy Trinkets yet? Well you should! Trendy Trinkets hit the ground running in November of last year (2013) and have been offering up trendy bling ever since. Owner and operator, Talisha Thomas, set out to provide you with an amazing online shopping experience and offer the latest trends in fashion jewelry at affordable prices.
Trendy Trinkets was so awesome that they sent me some samples to check out. I have to say that their prices are unbeatable and the pieces are just the pop of color your outfit is missing! Not only does Trendy Trinkets have trendy jewelry but they even showcase those trends through their active Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest accounts (I may have spent a bit of time browsing these…for an hour).
If you are in the market for fun and fashionable jewelry, Trendy Trinkets makes it pretty easy and appealing for you to stock up:
- Currently offering FREE shipping (*in the U.S.). I don’t know about you but I’m such a sucker for FREE shipping, so anytime I see this it’s like a moth to a flame! I’ve got to check out the deal.
- $10 deals every Tuesday so keep your eyes on their Facebook and Instagram pages for the latest deals. Not only that but $10 is quite the steal!
Ready for the cherry on top?! Today through 3/3/14 I Heart Frisco readers can save an extra 15%on their order with code IHEARTFRISCO
Have you ordered your Trendy Trinkets yet? I’d love to hear about it! Comment below or send me a quick note here.
It’s almost National Margarita Day! The official day is Saturday, February 22, 2014 and you know what that means…margaritas in Frisco! So get out your tequila, triple sec, and limes my friends because this day only comes around once a year. Not sure how the celebrate this year? Here are a handful of suitable options in Frisco for your festivities, all fun filled with food pairings like chips, salsa, tacos, chile con queso, and many other Tex Mex favorites!
Cristina’s Fine Mexican Restaurant
3301 Preston Road, Ste 1 Frisco, TX 75034
Manny’s Tex Mex
6705 Main St., @2nd street Frisco, Tx 75034
8600 Gaylord Pkwy Frisco, TX, 75034
La Hacienda Ranch
4110 Preston Road Frisco, TX 75034
3401 Preston Rd., Suite 2 Frisco, TX 75034
11560 Dallas Parkway Frisco, TX 75033
-OR-5350 Preston Road
Frisco, TX 75034
Tin Star Restaurant
3301 Preston Road, Ste 1 Frisco, TX 75034
9506 State Highway 121 Frisco, TX 75035
Mattito’s Tex Mex
6129 Main Street Frisco, Texas 75034
5105 Eldorado Parkway, #120
Frisco, Texas 75034
Blue Goose Cantina
9320 Dallas Parkway, #140 Frisco, TX 75034
Casa Rita’s Mexican Grill
3773 Preston Road Frisco, Texas 75034
Whether you are a frozen, shaken, skinny, or on the rocks type of margarita lover (or all of the above), you’ll be sure to find that perfect margarita in Frisco!
It’s that time of year again! Love is in the air, the commercials on TV are littered with jewelry and sweet treats, and at least one entire aisle at any store you go to has transformed into a bright red and pink, glittery, and heart filled gallery of tchotchkes. T-minus 4 days and only one questions remains…what are you doing this Valentine’s Day?
This year could be the year to remember. So ditch your procrastination that will ultimately end in a last minute decision to head to a restaurant close by (hello 2 hour wait time), and use one of these date ideas instead:
- The DIY. We all know its the thought that counts. So this year, make it about just that. Make your card from scratch, put together a romantic playlist, get home early, deep clean the house (best gift ever), pour some wine, and cook a nice homemade dinner. In fact, why not cook up “The World’s Best Lasagna” that actually hails from right here in Frisco, Texas? Or you can even search this Texas Eats Pinterest board for recipes collected by your very own Frisco CVB.
- The Reservation. What is it about going out to a restaurant on Valentine’s Day that is about 10 times more romantic than other dates? Well, when you have a reservation that is. If you don’t, go early or expect to wait anywhere from 1 – 2 hours (trust me..been there, done that, not worth it). If you’re looking for a romantic, fun, date night restaurant, I personally recommend looking into reservations at TruFire Kitchen and Bar (read my rec), Pizzeria Testa (read my rec), Estilo Gaúcho (read my rec), and 3 Stacks Smoke and Tap House (read my rec). TruFire and Estilo Gaúcho provide a more classic, romantic atmosphere, while Pizzeria Testa and 3 Stacks are both on the casual and fun side of things. Personally, I found myself at 3 Stacks for Valentine’s Day last year which was a fabulous decision on my boyfriends part. It was laid back, relaxing, and delicious! Can’t ask for much more than that.
- The Experience. This year, ditch the fancy dinner and opt in for a hands on experience! What do I mean? I mean get out of your comfort zone together and give the gift of an experience. Try out rock climbing at Canyons Rock Climbing, indoor skydiving at iFLY (read my rec), picnic by the ponds at Central Park (maybe bring a coat or snuggie along for this one), fire a round at Frisco Gun Club, or game it up at Main Event or Dave and Busters!
The very thought of jumping out of a plane, hundreds of feet in the air, scares the bejeezus out of me. You just couldn’t pay me enough money to try skydiving. So, when iFLY – Indoor Skydiving came to Frisco, Texas, I was curious. Could it be that I could experience skydiving indoors? Yes, yes it could! As soon as iFLY contacted IHeartFrisco to check out this latest Frisco craze, I knew this was definitely something I could try.
iFLY is an indoor skydiving experience that creates true free fall conditions, just like skydiving, without having to jump out of an airplane. iFLY’s 1400 hp vertical wind tunnel generates a wall-to-wall cushion of air on which you can safely float. There’s no parachute, no jumping, and nothing attaching you to planet Earth. It’s just you and the air, and it’s the most incredible adrenaline rush!
Best of all, it is cheaper than skydiving and such an easy process. Just simply:
- Make your reservation online
- Pick your preferred flight time
- Show up 45 minutes before your flight
- Take a quick training class with the others with the same flight time and your instructor
- Put on your equipment (jumpsuit, earplugs, helmet, goggles)
- Follow your instructor into the flight chamber
- Wait your turn
- FLY! (your instructor is right there with you the whole time)
I have to say, THIS WAS SUCH A RUSH! During my flight I had such an adrenaline rush and I really can’t describe any other experience that can even describe this. I’ve never experienced this kind of mash up of adrenaline, weightlessness, alertness, and just plain fun! You seriously have to try this. Whether you are 3 to 103, you can try iFLY safely!
Need proof? Check out my iFLY experience below:
Want to learn more or reserve your flight time? Check out http://dallas.iflyworld.com/ for all the information you need to get flying!
8380 S.H 121 Frisco, Tx 75034
It’s finally that time of year…Superbowl time! Whether or not your team is playing, you’re a hardcore football fanatic, you’re just into all the killer commercials, or you just like all the comradery (or all of the above), this is the weekend you’ve been waiting for for a good year. So let the countdown begin and start planning your Superbowl get together now. And when the bug day rolls around, grab your friends and head over to one of these Frisco bars:
- Buffalo Wild Wings - With 30+ flat screens, your guaranteed to have a good seat! Not to mention the delicious wings…
- Tailgaters - 50+ screens under one roof is exactly what this Superbowl needs! Don’t forget to follow their Facebook feed for updates on specials for the game.
- The Pub in Frisco - Located in Preston Ridge Center, The Pub is located right the middle of it all! You’re sure to feel the energy at The Pub.
- II Brothers Grill & Bar - Offering the ultimate tailgaters party, II Brothers Grill & Bar is sure to have you and your friends covered!
- The Frisco Bar - Cheer your team to victory at The Frisco Bar! Plus, they are offering a $5 coupon for signing up for their email newsletters on their website.
- The Irish Rover Pub - Their laid back and friendly atmosphere is perfect to cheer on your team!
- Jake’s Uptown - Enjoy this Superbowl along side some of the best burgers in town!
- An easy Superbowl party plan
- Seattle Seahawks gear
- Denver Bronco gear
- Save on party planning supplies
- Get Arty! Become a hands on painter at Color Me Mine and Painting with a Twist this year. Color Me Mine offer ceramic painting with hundreds of pieces to choose from and over 60 colors to paint them with. Painting with a Twist offers canvas painting classes and is even BYOB (who’s bringing the wine?).
- Get Fit! Whether you just want to join a gym, club, or just want to grab those tennies and hit the pavement, Frisco has what you need. Check out 24 Hour Fitness, LA Fitness, RunOn, Frisco CrossFit, and many other health and fitness clubs in the area.
- Become Brainy! Pick up a book or two or ten at the Frisco Public Library, Half Priced Books, or Barnes and Noble. You never know what you might know this time next year!
- Live Green! Did you know that Frisco, Texas is a leader in green initiatives? So how can you take this one step further this year? Check out how to live green in Frisco, Texas.
- Give Back! Have an extra hour here and there in your week? The thought has no doubtedly passed your mind: “I’d like to give back.” Volunteering might be a perfect fit for your schedule this year. Catch up on the 8 easy ways to give back in Frisco for more information.
It’s that time again! Another year has come and gone and we are all prepping to welcome in year 2014, and Frisco is the right place to be when the clock hits midnight this year. Brace yourself, get your party hat on, and join in on the fun:
- Frisco Square Music and Lights
Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 @ Frisco Square from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. The City of Frisco Light Extravaganza will be located at Main and Coleman Boulevard and surely something special for this New Year’s Eve.
- Shopping @ IKEA
Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013 – January 1, 2014. This year, ring in the new year with great deals from IKEA Frisco! Seize the days with New Year’s savings with one day only offers! Keep checking their site for the daily deal.
- New Year’s Eve @ the Embassy Suites Dallas/Frisco Hotel & Spa
Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 – Jan.1, 2014. Book your reservation now and enjoy overnight accommodations for New Year’s Eve in one of their spacious two-room suites. Your New Years Eve package includes: A bottle of sparkling wine, an in-house movie, and the next day, sleep in and take advantage of a 2 p.m. check-out! They look forward to celebrating the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 with you!
- Painting with a Twist: Clique for New Year’s 2014
Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, $35 per person. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or beverage, invite your friends, and enjoy step-by-step instruction with our experienced and enthusiastic local artist. You’ll leave with a one-of-a-kind creation and a newfound talent you’ll want to explore.
- New Year’s Eve Murder Mystery at Dave & Buster’s Frisco
Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 @ 9:00pm, $65.95 Per Person* (Reservations Required). The Murder Mystery Players presents a hilarious mystery comedy with 3-course meal and prizes! All of their public murder mysteries include gourmet dinners, fabulous prizes, with a huge portion of laughter. It’s all rolled into a night of live entertainment you and your family will not soon forget!
- The King’s Celebration Christian New Year’s Eve @ The Westin Stonebriar
Tuesday, Dec. 31 , 2013 @ 8:00pm to midnight, $59 per person or $99 per couple. Seats are going fast! Terry and Liz MacAlmon of New Glory International are cordially inviting you to come enjoy a formal affair, great food, great fellowship and outstanding music, international worship leader Terry MacAlmon, and special guest christian singer Dave Boyer. Join in to give thanks for what has been and to press forward to the blessings of 2014.
- 20 Free Things to Do in Frisco, Texas
A fan favorite by far, this post tops #1 on this year’s charts! Frisco, Texas is packed with options to do for all ages, shapes and sizes. Among those options, there are many that are FREE, giving you one more reason to get out of the house and off to explore everything Frisco has to offer. Don’t miss out on these freebie Frisco activities and adventures.
- 4 New Frisco Restaurants Cause Mass Excitement
It’s no surprise everyone was as excited as I was about these upcoming (and now open) restaurants! Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, Jakes Uptown, NOLA Bar and Grill, and Three Squares are all now open for business so check them out!
- 3 Crazy Things to Look Forward to at the Jimmy Buffett Concert in Frisco
If you were among the Parrotheads attending the Jimmy Buffett concert at the FC Dallas stadium, you already know exactly why this was a top 2013 post! The concert and pre-Buffett tailgating did not disappoint! If you missed out, read up here on what you can expect when Jimmy Buffett returns (fingers crossed) to Frisco!
- 2013 Hot and Happening Restaurants in Frisco
Buzz is still swarming around these tasty restaurants! Throughout the past year, by both personal experience and recommendation, as well as the latest community buzz and word of mouth reviews, I have put together the official 2013 I Heart Frisco list of Hot and Happening Restaurants in Frisco. I’m already excited to start my research for next year’s list!
- Do’s and Don’t For Your Night Out at the Londoner, Frisco
The Londoner in Frisco is personally one of my favorite pubs in Frisco! What I came to realize was there are a handful of do’s and don’ts, keys to success, or even rules if you will, to fully taking advantage of this British style pub. Check out these tips to ensure a night of successful fun!
Thanks to all my readers out there for staying in touch with I Heart Frisco, submitting your own post ideas, and spreading the word! I look forward to continuing to keep you up to date on all the latest and greatest in Frisco in 2014, so stay tuned!